South32 invites qualifying students to apply for Dr. Xolani Mkhwanazi Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 September 2021
South32 is inviting students residing within the King Cetshwayo District area, to apply for the Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi Bursary, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to deserving students, for Undergraduate degree or diploma studies within the following fields:
• Architecture, Built Environment, and Engineering (ALL disciplines)
• Commerce, Law, and Management (Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Science, Law)
• Computer Science and Information Technology
• Health Science (Medicine, Nursing, etc)
• Humanities (Arts, Social Science, Education, etc)
• Science (Mathematical Science, Physical Science, Earth Science, Actuarial Science, and Biological Science)
*other disciplines may also be considered
Candidates will be selected based on 2 main factors: academic excellence and financial need.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview and assessment. If you do not receive any feedback by 30 November 2021 at the latest, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time and are renewable based on academic performance and conduct.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
• You must be a South African citizen
• You must reside within the King Cetshwayo District, in KwaZulu-Natal province
• You must be under 21 years old
• You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
• You must be studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (undergraduate degree or diploma)
• You must be studying or intend on studying full time at a recognized University or the University of Technology in South Africa
• Preference will be given to students from designated groups
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi South32 Bursary Application
You will need to register before you can log in and apply.
You will be required to fill in this code when applying: Hillside22
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):